Considering that the World Health Organization has declared the global pandemic of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), in order to prevent the spread of the virus on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan the issuance of electronic visas via “ASAN Visa” system is suspended.
Foreigners traveling to the country are kindly requested to apply to relevant embassies and consulates-general of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- The procedure for issuance of single or multiple electronic visas through "ASAN Visa" system is carried out by State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The duration for a stay in a country for a single electronic visa issued within 3 business days through "ASAN Visa" system is up to 30 days, the duration for multiple electronic visas is up to 90 days.
- Foreigners and stateless persons may also apply to obtain a single electronic visa in an accelerated manner within 3 hours via www.evisa.gov.az website, regardless of non-working days and holidays bound by "ASAN Visa" system.
- From May 15, 2018, issuance of single electronic visa for foreigners and stateless persons is carried out through "ASAN Visa" system at international airports of the Republic of Azerbaijan in cases stipulated by laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan, acts of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and interstate or intergovernmental agreements.
- The issuance of visas at international airports of the Republic of Azerbaijan through "ASAN Visa" system, as well as visa-related payments are carried out through "ASAN payment" system by State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Note: Single electronic visa is issued only for citizens of countries indicated on the list.
List of countries for issuance of a single electronic visa.
LIST OF THE COUNTRIES WHOSE CITIZENS ARE ISSUED SINGLE ENTRY ELECTRONIC VISAS AT THE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
|Country name||Period of issued visas|
|3||Kingdom of Saudi Arabia||30 days|
|8||Islamic Republic of Iran||30 days|
|9||People's Republic of China||30 days|
|10||Republic of Korea||30 days|
|14||United Arab Emirates||30 days|
The following persons are entitled to get a visa at the international airport of the Republic of Azerbaijan with period of up to 30 days, as shown below:
- Persons with resident card of the State of Qatar, the Sultanate of Oman, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Kingdom of Bahrain and the State of Kuwait accompanying citizen of the country that issued the residence card;
- Holders of resident visa of the United Arab Emirates with a validity period of more than 6 months;
- Citizens of the United States of America traveling by New York-Baku direct flight;
- Persons visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan in the event of death of a family member- resident in the Republic of Azerbaijan (on the basis of document certifying death of a family member);
- Citizens of foreign countries which have direct air connections with the Republic of Azerbaijan, wherein the diplomatic missions or consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan are not accredited.