Definition, types, category and purposes of visa
Visa – is an official document providing legal basis for foreigner, who visits a country in visa requirement regime, to entry to, temporary stay in a period indicated in a visa and leave the country by passing through border crossing points during that period.
2 types of visas – entry visa (single and multiple) or transit visa (single and double) for foreigners and stateless persons visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan are issued in a following way:
- Single entry visa – validity period of such type of visa is up to 90 days and allows only one entry-exit in this period.
- Multiple entry visa – validity period of this visa is up to 2 years and allows a person to enter a country several times during a relevant period.
- Single or double transit visa – are issued to foreigners and stateless persons to allow transit passage through the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan to a third country. Validity period of transit visa is 30 days; period of stay in a country is 5 days. Transit visas are issued by taking account traffic route via air, water, railway and other transport means and time spend on it.
Period of stay in a country indicated in a visa is used during a validity period of that visa. Visa that is not used during this period loses its force.
Categories and Purposes
Entry visa has three categories – diplomatic, service and ordinary.
- Diplomatic and service entry visas - are issued to foreigners and stateless persons visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan for only official purposes.
- Ordinary entry visa - can be issued to foreigners and stateless persons if they visit the Republic of Azerbaijan for the following purposes:
- Science and education
- Culture and sport
- Personal travel
- Medical treatment
Attention! Foreigners or stateless persons temporarily residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan more than 15 days must be registered at the place of residence.